May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Card #2

Hey everyone!
So, it got really cold here in OK last night and I had to bring all my herbs and patio tomato plants inside last night. And, it looks like I'm off to the Pediatrician for my son. I've been so much this year I feel like I just need to make a longstanding appt every 2 wks. I'm really hoping and praying that things with the respiratory/ear just clear up because I hate the thought of him being on antibiotics all the time or getting tubes in his ears.

****************************************************************************
So here is #2 of 4 Teacher Appreciation cards to do. I still have the PE Coach and the Art Teacher.


This is for the terrific music teacher

Details: 5x7 premade white card from M's. I used the computer and Word to type different music terms and then just copied and pasted to repeat for the whole page. Then, printed onto white cardstock. The black paper with the music notes was from DCWV Elementary 4x6 pack.
I used Peachy Keen Stamps Wide Eyed kids stamp for the face. Then inked with pink chalk ink dots on the shirt and shoes, used roan brown inked the edges of the hair and the entire piano. Used white sakura pen on the eyes. Inside the card my DD used her American Girl music note punch and some black paper to do a border, then chalkboard paper from H/L. Final touch was white eyelet and white organza ribbon.

Cart: Playtime Lite for girl on piano at 2.90". The only thing I hate sometimes with the Lites is you can't use hide/contour enough on the Gypsy to do things in the colors you really want.
The main cut/layer was the girl on the stool with the piano. Well, whatever the piano color is, the pants will be the same color. They didn't have a separate cut for just the pants. So, I had to cut that main layer again in blue and cut out the part for the pants.

Then, my DD didn't like the girl with the ponytail. So, I used a different girls head and face and had to size that down to a 2.5 to make it look right.

1 comment:

  1. Donya, that is terrific! I'm sure the music teacher will just adore it. I might have to scraplift this for my dd's teacher. I love how you printed music terms for the background. I would never think of that! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

**Donya**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...