May 2, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Card #1

Happy Monday Everyone! Here is the first of 4 Teacher Appreciation cards I must do




This card is my first every Tri-fold shutter card. I followed the directions from Mary at CardzTV's video HERE (sorry guys for not doing my own video but I'm not sure how)

My 9 yr old is giving this to her homeroom teacher too and then we are also giving her this with a gift card attached Directions on my blog are HERE

Details: I used a 12 x 6 piece of cardstock. Then did my scores at 2", 4" 8" and 10. Then did the horizontal cut from 2" to 10 " (1.5 inches from top and 1.5 inches up from bottom)
My hardest part was getting the folds to go right, just gotta be patient and work with it. I messed up 2 others on the folding before getting it right. LOL But, now they are easy peasy!

DCWV 4x6 Elementary School paper pad for all squares and rectangles, chalkboard paper from H/L. Used We R MK Crop-A-Dile to set the eyelets and the apple ribbon was from J's.

Carts Used: Simply Charmed for pencil (cut at 2) and notebook paper(cut at 2) and outlined the lines with thin blue pen.

Here is the Poem:


Perfect Teacher!

A Teacher Is…
Someone who is wise...
Who cares about the students and wears no disguise.
But is honest and open and shares from the heart.
Not just lessons from books, but life where you are.
A teacher takes time to help and tutor.
With English or math or on a computer.
It's (Teacher's Name) who's patient, even in stress.
Who never gives less than the very best!
Not that I was the perfect student,
But you were the perfect teacher for me!

- Author Unknown


2 comments:

  1. Donya, those are terrific! I LOVE the tri-fold card, and those flowers are too pretty.

    Great job! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and wonderful flowers! What a treat for the teacher! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

**Donya**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...