May 3, 2012

Mom's Day Card #1: CCR, Krafty Girls, My Sheri Crafts, Scrapalicious...

Happy Thursday Crafty Friends and thanks for stopping by Okscrappinmama.
I don't know about you but it seems when you have kids in school, these last few weeks are just sooo busy. I still have more cards to make for Teacher Appreciation, Mother's Day cards, shop for gift cards, we have dance recital. And, I need to get caught up on the kiddos scrapbooks. When you have a 10 yr old and 4 yr old asking "Where are all those pictures we took the last year at?"...you know it's time to scrap. LOL

So, here is Mother's Day card #1. This is a trifold card, welded together using the gypsy with tags and rectangles and "Happy Mother's Day" welded to it.
Here is a video from Crafting with Katie's blog (click here for video) and this is how I learned to do it. Once you get the basic shape welded together right, the possibilities are endless.





Challenges Entering:

Creative Cutter Room
--Design Time Thursday Mother's Day 5/3 to 5/16
Scrapalicious USA--Flower Power 4/25 to 5/8
Krafty Girls #6 -- Dear Mother--project for Mother's Day from 4/24 to 5/6
My Sheri Crafts #84--April Showers Bring may Flowers For Mom, Mother's Day project add flowers. 4/28 to 5/11
My Craft Spot #54--Make a card or project for Mom 4/30 to 5/7
Paper Playtime #73--Anything Goes (my entry #2) 4/30 to 5/5
More Than Favors--Wacky Wed. #70 Mother's Day project 5/2 to 5/15
Bitten By The Bug 2-- Ladybug or Bumble Bee Challenge

Details:
Card folded up is 4 x 6. All paper is Bazzil or Core'dinations. I used a dark tan card stock for the base, terra cotta for the pot, turquoise for the top of the pot, teal for the wording, French Vanilla for the flowers, brown for the centers of the flowers, 2 shades of green for leaves. Black and red for ladybug. Pat terned paper I bought last year and is all coordinating from Prima Madeline Collection "Parsley Place." I just measured and cut the pieces of patterned paper.
Pearls and button from #1 bin at M's. Twine from the LSS.

Carts: WIMG ladybug at .75, Freshly Picked for flowers at 5.68 x 4, wording "Happy Mother's Day" from Martha Holiday Cakes at 2x 4.16, rectangle (1.5 x 12.29 and 1.5 x 8.09 from Don Juan and the rounded tag (hid the hole) from TBBM at 4.08 x 5.21.

I had to play with it just a bit to get the flower pot positioned right and the wording (hide/contour so certain areas wouldn't cut)

Thank goodness for a gypsy!! LOL



15 comments:

  1. Great Mothers day card! Love it! Thanks for playing in paper with us at the Paper Playtime Challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! VERY COOL!!!

    Super job!!

    Thanks for joining us at CCR!!! And thanks for joining the Krafty Girls!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks awesome! I've never tried a trifold, but looks like I might just have to :) TFS!
    Thank you for joining us at Krafty Girls!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love your little ladybug!! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room!

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the little ladybug!
    Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Girls and My Craft Spot!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it....to adorable. Thanks for sharing your card & weld info with us in the creative cutter room. Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Especially like the LadyBug. I see that you list your challenge list similar to mine (I include the start & end dates so I can keep track easily).
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet! Great design and love the ladybug!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love the flowers and the liquid pearls. Thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY LINKY challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is fabulous I love all the layers to the trifold, great take on our challenge at BBTB2 this week.Thanks so much for joining us
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love this! Sooo darn cute! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers. Love your cute ladybug. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a Beautiful Card, I love the Colors you used! Thank You for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts!

    Letillia,MSC,DesignTeamMember
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, I will have to try this!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)

    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

**Donya**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...