May 28, 2012

FCCB--Spotlight Sunday Feature and Guest Designer

Happy Memorial Day Crafty Friends. What are you doing today? We will be going over to my in-laws house. My sweet and wonderful FIL lost his battle with brain cancer on Thursday...so close to Memorial Day. We will miss this incredible man. Now, Memorial Day has a little different meaning to our family.

So I was so excited that yesterday Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Board did a Spotlight Feature on me (Sunday 27th) because I won a challenge a month ago for "Things that Go." challenge #108. Today, I have a Guest Designer Spot and a card I made for Memorial Day featured.

So, here is the card I created for FCCB that I wanted to share with you. For me, Memorial Day is remembering. Those loved ones we lost, no matter how... for remembering those who have served in the Armed Forces (like my wonderful Ret. Lt. Col. Brother-in-Law) who protect our freedoms and Country.



Details:

The card base is 4.5 x 6.5. I used Ashlynn's Alphabet to cut the paper into the blue star square and the red/creme striped rectangle to cover card base. (sized with my gypsy)

I then typed words commonly used for Memorial Day onto the computer (I had about 20 words) and then just repeated the words all the way down the page. Printed it out (Times Roman and 12 font size)onto white cardstock. I also used the word "Remember" and printed out onto cardstock to ink/punch out later.

I used the star shape from Independence Day and cut with red cardstock at 3" and then the white word printed cardstock at 2.75. Then, inked using Tim Holtz Tea Dye and adhered to the red star.

The eagle is from Car Decals (believe it or not) and I had done that last year and had it sitting in my box of finished dye cuts. So, I think I did that at 3." I cut that 4 different times and pieced it together to get the eagle look I wanted. I cut in cream, grey and gold and brown. I used the tiny negative pieces to piece together the face. One of the things I love about car decals is piecing together the negatives.

I used the Postal red, white, blue Twinery twine. and a silver star brad on the front. Punched out "Remember" with an EK Success punch and inked with the Tea Dye ink.

Hope you enjoy, thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day! And thank you to those who have served our Country to preserve our freedoms. We as a family are remembering you "Da" today too.


8 comments:

  1. First of all, I want to say how sorry I am to hear about the loss of your FIL. I know it must be a tough time for your family right now.

    On a happy note, your card is just beautiful. I love all the wonderful layers and symbols of our great country...that eagle is gorgeous! Your card is up on FCCB and it looks fabulous! Congrats on being chosen as the Guest DT this week, you nailed it!

    Tanya - FCCB Design Team member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Donya.

    I'm also sorry to hear your guest designer card wasnt up earlier, but I just came from there and it is now :-)

    You did a wonderful job! I really cant believe the eagle is from Car Decals LOL Glad you could join us this week :-)

    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. Congrats on your Guest designing spot here. Your card is fabulous. The twine just finishes it off. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your FIL.
    Congrats on the guest designer here at FCCB. Love your card and the idea of typing the words on your computer. Everything looks so great together and so patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at FCCB, Donya! Love the muted tone of your card. Great idea! :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being our Guest Designer on FCCB. Your card is a wonderful tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our country. I love the postal twine and the eagle is great. Didn't know there was one in the Car Decal cartridge. Also, I wanted to take the time to let you know how sorry I am to hear of your loss. Take care and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful patriotic card Donya!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Sorry to hear about your loss. Congrats on the guest designer spot at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

**Donya**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...