August 23, 2010

Christmas Paper Piecing

I decided to get started on some Christmas cards. This one is paper piecing/non-cricut.

This is an A7 tri-fold card.
*The paper pack is My Mind's Eye "O Christmas Tree."
*I just cut the blue snowflake paper with my CM wavy cutting tool.
*Cut striped paper to fit the entire front of the card and then glued down.
*Then glued the blue snowflake on top of that. Wanted to give the effect
of a snowy sky.
*Found some trees that were cute and with my tweezer bee scissors, cut those out
and arranged/glued down.
*Measured with ruler & marked where to set my 1/8 in. antique silver eyelets with my crop-a-dile.
*Ribbon was from Joann's and was cut and taped inside the flaps of the card and then pushed to the front of the eyelet so it could be tied.
* Took a coordinating paper and cut to fit the inside of the card and also to cover up the ribbon taped inside. Cut more trees to add to inside of card. Used white flocking at the bottom to look like snow. Used Memento die ink pad in black and clear stamp from...?? to Stamp sentiment inside.
*Used Tim Holtz distress ink pad in walnut to ink edges. Then used diamond stickles to add extra glitz.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

**Donya**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...